Thread: 08ama!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #54
lookout123
changed his status to single

if Hillary gets the nod, McCain will win. Not because the conservatives like him, but because she will unite them. It will be much like the D's in '04. Most D's deep down didn't care much for Kerry, but rallied behind him because of the deep hatred for Bush. The main difference is that the R's have much more effective vehicles for rallying the troops. Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Ingram, Coulter, and the rest will work night and day to defeat Hillary even though not a single one of them likes McCain. They have 8 years in the White House + her senate years to use as ammo in their quest to fire up the fear.

Obama just doesn't pull that type of reaction. Although he may in fact be further to the left than Hillary, he doesn't have all the baggage. The R machine will still try to rally the troops but they won't be able to stir up as much animosity. I expect that an Obama nod would see many conservatives just skip the election entirely figuring that McCain isn't much different than Obama so there really isn't any point. I would expect an Obama win.

If you don't believe me, consider that Rush has already been talking on those lines. He has suggested contributing to the Clinton campaign in the lead up to the convention. Sure he may be a reactionist jackass, but he has a following.