View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Damn Canadian illegals. Should be stopped at the border.

there was a nesting pair of the bastids that had chosen the garden in front of momwolf's doctor's office as their delivery room. Staff at the office had to keep an eye on the parking lot so one of them could come out with a broom to protect their (mainly elderly) patients from the male, who would attack anyone who came within 10 feet of the nest. Since the nest was five feet from the only entrance to the office, that was often.

On the way out of the office that day, momwolf was very nervous, as she could only shuffle at low to moderate speed with her walker, and knew that the goose would do her serious injury. She'd tangled with a goose as a youngin' and didn't have good memories. The office staff were all on the phone, and were unavailable with the broom.

I told her all would be well, that I had it covered.

I unlocked the car from the foyer, and told momwolf that I would occupy the goose and all she had to do was get in the car, I'd take care of everything else. On a traditional count of three, we were off and shuffling ...

I went through the door first, spread my arms out, and stared down the goose, making hissing noises as momwolf managed her version of bolting for the car. The goose shut up, folded it's wings, and backed away from me. They don't like birds with bigger wingspans.

momwolf got in the car, which was outside the danger zone, and I got her walker folded up and stowed without further incident.

She of course demanded to know how I knew what to do.

momwolf, I just know stuff. I read it somewhere.

Didn't have the heart to tell her it was Hannibal Lecter.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote