View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:59 AM   #13
glatt

I'm still looking for a gas range to replace the crap Maytag we have now.

After a conversation with my wife, I have resigned myself to accepting a range with a poorly laid out touchpad screen. After all, as she pointed out, even if the UI is horrible, after using it for a little while I will learn how to use it.

The problem is, after lowering that standard, I'm finding lots of potential winners. Until I read the reviews. When multiple people complain in reviews that the paint on Samsung ranges starts to peel off the cooktop after only a couple months, you have to take notice. When numerous reviewers say that the Kenmores vent oven heat at unusually high temperatures directly onto the touch pad, so you burn yourself when you try to use the controls, you pay attention. Similar problem with the GE's venting onto the metal burner knobs so you need to use potholders to turn the knobs. I've looked at high end Vikings, and they are better, but lack conveniences like a drawer to store your cookie sheets.

It's getting really discouraging. I don't think I am being particular, but obviously I am. I can't find a range at any price that I would be willing to buy. I haven't looked at every one yet. Maybe Amana makes good ones.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote