Thread: I bawt a Tesla
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 05:28 PM   #48
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Congrats! I'd love to have one, if I didn't need to get a house with a garage (or even a driveway) as an accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I didn't buy the Full Self Driving option.
Good call. I'm a Tesla fan (and investor) but the one thing I can't argue with critics on is that I don't think it's ready to be paid for now, let alone when they started offering it. Paying for it is essentially like buying the top tier on a crowdfunding site to get access to the beta. Maybe for a game like Subnautica, but maybe not for something that steers my car.

Quote:
It was another $7,000 to get that. I can still add it at any time, but the price went up: it's now $8,000. The theory is that, as it develops, it will be more and more useful over time, and they will continue to increase the price.

If they ever reach complete full autonomy driving, the value is supposed to skyrocket, because at that point the cars can become robo-taxis and just generate money. Some people think it will be worth $100,000.
Would you let your car wander for extra income? Seems like a pretty big mindset change.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote