Thread: The Anti-Trump
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The Anti-Trump

I live in a society among others with whom I find much common ground. And among others with whom I disagree on many points, great and small. That I, and they, know this and that we both share this society is a tribute to the well crafted, though few, rules upheld in good faith by the leadership of our society. To be sure, all the members follow the same rules, and when people break the rules, they are removed from our society, according to our rules. There is delegation of authority, but the ultimate power lies in the hands of the person at the top, and he subjects himself to the rules. This is an example of discipline and integrity that is wholly internal. No outside force or institution could compel such behavior.

The success, the ongoing success of our society is due to many factors, but the avoidance of a collapse of our society depends on our mutual respect for the rules. This society has been around before me and will be around after me. Many members have come and gone. There have been leadership changes, structural changes, political changes, still the society persists. The people comprising the society have changed, the physical boundaries and location of the society have changed... What remains is an active population that believes in engagement and respect, believes that our mutual self interest is best served when we work together *inside* the rules.

One side could take advantage, game the system, break the rules and acheive more individually, but at the expense of everyone else, like the impatient asshole that drives down the shoulder passing all the other stopped cars--he gets ahead, but blocks the opportunity for emergency vehicles upon which we all depend to be able to move freely. Our society prospers, we all succeed together when we cooperate within the rules. Our society *exists* because we each are a part of, not apart from it. Our leader is a part of our community, not above our society, and that's what makes him the Anti-Trump.

Undertoad, you have created a wonderful, dynamic, important community here at the cellar. You have the power to destroy it, to warp it, to corrupt it, to prostitute it for your own personal gain, but you do not. You do so because you are a good man. I thank you for what you've created and for all you've done to nurture it and maintain it for all these years. Some people say you shouldn't get a cookie for just doing your job. Well, I don't have a cookie for you, but you should know you have my respect, my admiration, and my profound thanks for what you've done and for the example you set. I pray to god your evil doppleganger in the White House would learn a thing or two from you, but as a rational humanist, I know this is a vain hope. You however, retain my trust. Thank you, sir.