View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #69
glatt

Verizon is scorching my groove today. The pig fuckers.

We've had DSL at home, provide by Verizon, but purchased and passed through CTI Networks (va.net). The reason we got it through CTI is that back when we had a Macintosh, CTI was the only company willing to provide DSL for a Mac, and Verizon wouldn't. (It had to do with providing a router instead of a modem, or something like that. I don't remember. It was years ago.) We paid an extra $5 per month pass through charge to have the arrangement, but we were very happy because CTI has fantastic customer service, and since they are so small, we were able to get a really cool e-mail address. Everyone comments on how cool our e-mail address is when we tell it to them. It's a play on our last name @va.net. We live in va, so it's perfect.

Anyway, on Friday of last week, our DSL went down. We called CTI, and they said it was a problem with Verizon and that Verizon said it wouldn't be up again until Monday. Actually, the DSL signal was still there, but it wasn't connected to the Web or our e-mail. Many calls and very friendly conversations with CTI brings us to today, when we learned that Verizon has decided not to fix the problem and will instead drop all DSL customers through CTI. I can only imagine what this is doing to that company's business.

So now, we can't get DSL passed through CTI anymore. We lose our awesome e-mail address that we have had for years, and we face the prospect of going to the pig fuckers that caused this whole mess to buy DSL directly through them. We would actually be rewarding the jerks that did this to us. Or we can spend a lot more money and buy cable and internet service through the cable company. We don't currently have cable, nor do we want it.

Grr. We'll probably just suck it up and get DSL through evil Verizon. I hate them right now.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote