View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #146
Flint
Snowflake

Also, I largely agree that your interpretation of the political atmosphere is an accurate, real thing. I don't agree with the degree with which you're using it as a lens to seemingly interpret every single political discussion, but considering it's a thing that's worth saying, that isn't said often enough, maybe you're just eager for people to acknowledge the thing, thus mitigate the damage it might do. So, I acknowledge the thing.

But, I don't think it's going away, because people are upset about legitimate, real things, that are bad, and that do need to change. Whether that changes the minds of the 20% of angry idiots that it takes to elect a garbage president--of course it won't. But do we fear saying the right thing, because it make make angry idiots get angrier and stupider? Well, that might be strategic, but OF COURSE we don't just avoid saying what's true and right. Society doesn't get better by being polite in the face of bad judgement, by excusing bad ideas. It's like raising a kid--making excuses for a bad kid creates a monster.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 03-27-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote