Thread: Civil War
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #12
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post

The influx of people into Vermont is, as usual, causing the typical problems: Prices for land and real estate skyrocket where locals can't afford the prices, Vermont values and mores are diluted and overshadowed by NYC values and mores making it less Vermonty and more Westchestery. (rude, arrogant, entitled, loud, self-centered, jay-walking and not yielding in traffic) Causing friction in communities where neighbors begin resenting neighbors who harbor new-comers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
We've been collecting red New Yorkers and Jersey folk here ever since 9/11. Blue New Yorkers appear to be moving to Northern New York and to Vermont. /heresay

My neighborhood is an odd mix of red and blue. Some of the red people are seemingly intelligent, one of them is a science teacher with an LGBTQ daughter and a military vet son, it's surprising to me that he supports Trump who is anti science, anti LGBTQ, and anti military.

A couple of the nicest folks I know around here, who are inexplicably red, did not put up their usual political signs this year-something very out of character- I'm assuming that after the last four years supporting trump became a bridge too far.

I've been listening to the podcast recommended by Ibby, "It Could Happen Here" Very interesting ideas about various ways in which the next civil war will play out. I don't have time at the moment to summarize, but I'd agree they are worth listening to.