View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #227
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

did ya see the hole in the Valve ? I still have NO Idea what that was there for ( the valve that is )
So we removed Patio stones , 12x12 cement pavers , dug down remover More Pavers , dug down some more , i felt around in to hole , found what felt like a Valve handle , dug some more , Bailed out water , Shit its a valve , Shit there is Water Squirting Out of the Top side of the valve Ran and turned OFF the water Got a pipe cutter , cut out the Fucking Valve I cut it close so as to Not have to add any pipe ( more on that in a sec) , went to Lowes , discussed the options with Carol , we had wanted a faucet in the back yard , so Hell No time like the present , got the faucet a 3/4 T and 2 3/4 straight fittings , i knew I would have to trim the existing pipe to fit , so No Biggie ,Right
Well when I started trying to fit this all togather I hear SNAP , and Im neeling there with about 6" of copper pipe connected to about 6" of Pvc in my habd , the water line Into the house is copper and they had connected a section of copper to the PVC to add the valve i guess , Shit , so hi ho hi ho Back to Lowes I go , get a piece of 3/4" copper pipe and another fitting , Measure the pipe i need takeing into account the fittings , cut the Pipe , push the fitting on said Pipe , push this into the T on the new faucet , shit the fitting wont fit on the PVC , Must be 1" , so Back to Lowes , snag a 3/4"to 1" fitting , Now the fitting wont Snug down on the Pvc Shit !!! Back to lowes with a Small Piece of the PVC , Dude explains that PVC is measured ID ( inside diameter ) copper is measured OD ( Out side diameter ) BS I say , Here Let me show you , and slides the Piece of PVC Over a piece of 3/4" copper , Well Ya learn something new Every day , so what do I do ??
I explain what im doing to him , he gets a pvc fitting that will screw Into a Union and 1 for the copper side as well ,
thus the pic and the comment that that sucked !!!