View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
My mental health, at the moment is at a very low point but for reasons that have little to do directly with trump, although possibly indirectly.

However, it is hard to assign to trump's election either correlation or causation the my decline in mental health considering all the other factors that have been eroding it for the past few years. I can say with certainty that his election definitely hasn't improved my mental health, and I'm willing to bet his policies and other crazy ass behavior will, in the long run, further diminish it.

It is also likely that it has negatively affected it in ways that I don't overtly notice. The tricky thing with mental health, specifically depression, is that it can come on so slowly that you don't really notice it until it is already too late. Analogous to 'bonking' or 'hitting the wall'; by the time you are too hungry or too thirsty it is already too late.

So the depression creeps up and the new reality is that everything is bleak and hopeless, always has been and always will be. There is no future nor joy. There is an emotional blackout.

Now throw trump into the mix and intellectually, you know he isn't ameliorating any of the despair, but it's just one more straw on the pile. For me, at least.

If I was a happy go lucky Muslim immigrant with an overstayed visa then it would be more like dropping an entire hayrick on my back.