View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 08:21 PM   #21
it
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
It's one of the things that differentiates first world relationship ethics from second world ethics.
Interesting... What do you mean?

I've examined something in the past that might be applicable, the difference between the traditional almost family like provincial model and with the mentality that holds relationships as transient in nature. The contrast being that sort of urban disposability, "why solve it and grow when the world is full of people and you can just find something better", which results in expectations getting replaced with the choice to leave, under the mentality that you can't be entitled to anyone treating you any certain way but you always have the right to leave and so do they, and that is used as a pressure bed to try to draw out the desirable behaviors, or simply replacing pressure with selection, Like children moving in interest from toy to toy rather then establishing a relationship with the subject.... I've never quite thought of it as "1st world relationships", and I am not sure if that's what you mean by it, but it seems to fit.
it is offline   Reply With Quote