View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #3011
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

'Nother Health Update

Saw a different Doctor today.
He put me back on steroids but on a higher dose.
And I have a different inhaler (a powder one I think he said?) which I have to use twice a day. You click the base round and breathe it in.

I still have a respiratory infection and an appointment to go back on Friday when the current antibiotic course finishes, to see if I need another course.

It's cost a fortune in prescription fees, but that's a relative fortune. £7.65 (per item) is nothing compared to the cost of the medicine I guess. And Mum bought today's for me.

Told school I am unlikely to be in this week, because it's easier for them not to wonder day in and day out but adjust their planning accordingly. I will be able to get a certificate from the Doctor no problem as I've been treated for two weeks already, so I'm in the system.

Oh and when this has all cleared up, the Doctor I saw today wants to run me through a series of tests to see if I have asthma. He is the third one I have surprised with my asthma denial. And he thinks it might be why I have a new habit of having a terrible cough after a minor cold. Progress I suppose.

Lupus still not on the table though.