View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #713
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Two purlins left, the eave-most on each side. I can reach them from the ground, or at least from the ladder. I won't have to climb up on any scaffolding to get this next task finished.

Will still need to do a little touch up paint, then after the purlins, measure them, add foam wigglyboard whatever you call'ems on the purlins. Drill the corrugated roofing panels at the intervals matching the purlin spacing. Each panel is 2'x12', so I'll (be back up on the scaffolding) putting up the first panel, fastening it to the purlin from peak to eave, panel by panel. When one half of the roof is done, then add the ridge cap material, then repeat the roofing panel exercise on the other side of the roof, but I'll have to start by slipping the upper edge of the roofing under the ridge cap segments.

Moving around on the scaffolding is tedious as hell, lots of moving the boards I'm standing on, lots of crawling and slow motion hurdling over the high parts I can't crawl under.

I'll be really happy when this phase of the project's finished. Plus, I'll have cover for the lower part giving me protection from the rain as I install the deck onto the "patio slab", which is an uneven wreck. That's gonna be fun.