Thread: 28 more days
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 07:57 PM   #7
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Aaaaaa! You're all talking at once! let's see,

Dagney. Well first I'm not looking for anything in particular. I am going to set one up in a place that gets about two hours of direct light a day. You could put one at work or on the dashboard of your car, esp if you park in the same spot all the time.

The idea is that exposures take a very long time to record unless the subject has the intensity of the sun. The image you saw was heavily tweaked in photoshop to improve contrast. Truth is, the camera could have stayed where it was for a couple of months to get the non sun subjects properly exposed. Except the sun would have been blotted out. Over exposed.

So that is why you could put one in your car on the dash board. most of your driving around would not really add any notable exposure. but if you park in the same spot (sunny) every day for several hours, that will add up.

Wolf, same thing for you. You could put one anywhere you like, if you go the non sun route, just leave it for 2 or 3 months. Unless you are pointing it at one of those buildings that is all mirrored glass, then go 28 days.

Jaguar (jag you are? or jag wahr?), Actually, when the sun is not an everyday occurance you get better division between the arcs. Still, you'd probably need at least one sunny day to make it work.

Beletseri,

You probably won't need a plastic baggie, the paint can is waterproof except for the hole. I've left them outdoors for months and they only develop a bit of surface rust. Just don't mist directly into the hole. Or do. It might be COOL! BTW, the orchid show at the NY botanical gardens is coming up soon (nybg.org) AMAZING.

Limey,
Awesome! If I send you a couple can you get one in the vicinity of some standing stones? I'm a wanna-be tourist.

Whoever wants one pm me where you'd like it sent. Give me a few days to get them together and write up instructions.

Thanks.