View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #169
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

There is always a good time to make a positive change. This change doesn't appear initially to be one though. It appears that we are going to get saddled with increasing costs and taxes, not decreasing. Yes,we will cover more people, but the rush to get another major plan done is disconcerting. This is huge and for the administration to come out and put a deadline on when this "has to be done" is foolish to me. If you think it should be done right then that should be the goal, not just getting something done by a certain date for what appears to be political reasons.
Thats BS.
Also, there are some very basic issues not being addressed - just off the cuff - Will medicare and/or medicaid be replaced, eliminated or modified?

Exactly how are we increasing the # of insured while decreasing costs SPECIFICALLY.
How are we going to provide services without rationing increase demand by as much as 25% while not increasing the supply of providers.

HM - With car insurance, which the Gov't DOES NOT PROVIDE, we are each assessed on our own risks/history. There are plenty of those who still drive without.

"If I am not paying for it what is the incentive for me to change my unhealthy behaviors?" If I am obese, diabetic or have clogged arteries because of my diet - Who is being penalized with the increased cost for my health care costs? Not me if I'm not paying for it.