View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Did you know you can get so down that you just can't laugh any more and comments like this are just another slap, even though you know they shouldn't be

thanks.

being here and being kind is significant.
You know I do. Here's the thing. Maybe... You want to be sad right now. And if you do, then you might take what was clearly a friendly shot in the arm and reverse it to make me feel bad too. The emotion (pain body) that is in control will try to generate more of itself so it can survive.

You're not your depression. You see it. You've identified it. You hear the thoughts. You're not the thoughts. You're just a splinter of life like me and all these other people that care about you. The same.

Focus your attention on what's within 5 minutes and 5 meters for most of your day. Take time daily or weekly to make your plan, and then set it aside until the next step. Meanwhile give the present step your full attention. Respect it even if it's mundane.

Repetitive thought paths will erode a track to sadville. The more you think them, the more you think them. Take control of what you think about.

I'm sorry if I am not helping. This is how I deal. I am not my grief. I am not my regret. I don't identify with the emotion. I feel it., look at it, and it fades. Comes back strong at times, but it's not to be dwelt upon. If you go down that hole, it starts to become attractive.

I am sorry to preach. And I'm probably being insensitive, but I want to try to help you keep your chin up. Regardless, these kind of days don't last. You will.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote