View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #158
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
That's a big problem in pawn shops, since extension cords are simply unavailable in this day and age. They simply cannot be bought.
The owners of the store do not allow people to bring in their own extension cords, citing "the risk of causing another patron to trip and get injured"--I actually heard them tell someone that with my own ears--and their 'store policy' of no tests, no guarantees. All I've ever bought there so far is DVDs, which they leave in the cases because they're right next to the cash register for easy supervision, and my black leather floor-length coat that I wear for armor when I'm out in the woods and such.

The problem's not the availability of extension cords, it's that the owners have a jackass 'tude and the town's so small they're the only pawn shop. We're big enough for 4 grocery stores, 2 liquor stores, a number of bars I haven't bothered to count, and the county's biggest hospital, but only 1 pawn shop.

There's another place that CLAIMS to be a pawn shop, but all they have is pawned jewelry and retail-priced guns, ammo, and shooting accessories. They don't accept or sell electronics. This difficulty in buying locally is 1 down side of non-urban living.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote