View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #52
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

It's like this thread was created for me.

Yesterday afternoon at 5.30 I received a call from a venue asking where the wedding cake was that was supposed to be delivered. Picture a three tier, white and gold, ruffled, rosed, tall pretty thing meant to feed 130 people for dessert. Malteser, raspberry white choc and lemon flavoured tiers.

Where was I? At a tupperware party.

Where was the cake?

Written in the diary for the wrong date!

Completely my fault. cake had been fully paid for months ago. In the normal course of events I receive calls or messages from at least the bride, and normally the venue too, during the week before just to confirm. For whatever reason, this didn't happen this time, and because I had it written in the wrong date, I of course didn't phone to confirm with them.

My first emotion? Sheer incrudulousness. How could I be so stupid? I just could not even imagine how I could manage to be in a situation so terrible.

In the end, the venue sorted something out. Still don't know what. Haven't spoken to the bride or her respresentative, so the suspense of the impending smack down is driving me nuts. I keep wanting to open the conversation, but then I tell myself that hopefully they had such a wonderful day that they are able to laugh off the series of events leading to this error, so why should I spoil it. Just happily refund the money and try to brush it off and move on.

I feel so awful though. I hope she doesn't go crazy and say bad stuff to me. The worst part is I was really looking forward to doing this cake, and it was to be a statement piece. Something that would generate a lot of business for me because of the size of the wedding etc. Just so unhappy with myself. Can't believe what a douche I am.