Thread: Civil War
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 10:02 PM   #20
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Some of the red people are seemingly intelligent, one of them is a science teacher with an LGBTQ daughter and a military vet son, it's surprising to me that he supports Trump who is anti science, anti LGBTQ, and anti military.
Three errors of fact in a single clause. Is that some kind of personal best, foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
A couple of the nicest folks I know around here, who are inexplicably red, did not put up their usual political signs this year-something very out of character- I'm assuming that after the last four years supporting Trump became a bridge too far.
There is nothing inexplicable about it: they like prosperity and the general welfare -- which means no restraint of trade. The Trump Administration has done nothing but remove the dead hand of overregulation, which somebody superstitiously thought should be kept in place, and enhanced a worldwide competitiveness (even in the face of other nations' non-level playing fields) to the effect of cratering unemployment among every identifiable population group -- all the minorities prospered, all the majorities prospered. No rights either civil or human were abrogated, as was loudly and for years incessantly claimed by the prejudiced hemipygians who wanted that abominable Mistress of Corruption.

Buuuut... you don't seem to believe you're part of the economy. You really ought to abandon that kind of thinking -- the real demands it.

Trump didn't get my vote -- the first time. Then he started doing all these libertarian things, most directly in reducing the footprint of the state.

This action has made xoxoxoBruce gibber. Guess he isn't in the economy either. Certainly, no businessman.