View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #20
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
oh, dont get me wrong, i agree it's stupid. but its a moderately wealthy seeming area as far as google tells me and i bet everyone in the Madison area who wants a kid to grow up and play for the Canucks or Rams is gonna try and move into this district if they aren't already. my guess is that this is an example of runaway sports spending, and then they had to throw in some other fancy stuff to justify the pools and stadia and weight room etc.... but hey, maybe the voters of the district really do want whats best for their kids? 180mil is a lotta dough to cough up, but,
Yes. Maybe they know something we don't know. When there was talk around here of a new tech park that would become the silicon valley of the east, there was a lot of speculative spending (widening the corridors and adding new lanes) When things didn't become quite as silicon valley-esque as was hoped there ended up being a lot of empty upscale shopping plazas, empty dry cleaners, high-end asian fusion restaurants, and McMansion ghettos.