View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #77
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
snip--

See, here's how it is. I'm naturally about 90% left brain, and that's a balance that works for me. But dealing with my kids (not just emotionally coping, but successfully documenting symptoms and teasing out patterns from the observable data) meant going 100% left brain for a few years, just straightjacketing that fucker who likes to feel things and relate to people and throwing away the key. She got out a few times, but I got better at predicting and avoiding the escape routes. And by the time the job was mostly done and I was finally able to step back and check in on her, she'd turned into Helena from Orphan Black. You can't just release something like that back into the world, you know?

--snip
... um...

Dear Doctor Scientist Detective Fobble:

I should tell you that "she" has been sneaking out and hanging out with us for a long time. She's more flexible and agile than you might have thought. She *is* funny and articulate and warm. She is a good friend and good company. She's always made it back safe and sound, no harm done. I feel kinda weird tattling on her like this, but I thought you should know. Please don't put a new lock on this door. We'll take good care of her and get her home before bed check, ok?

TIA.

Her friends, and yours,

teh cellar.