Thread: The Sex Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #368
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I think I let go of the weird repressed sexuality/"god is going to send me to hell with the voice of my dad" syndrome a long time ago. Though the beliefs my family had while I was growing up included the idea that sex before marriage was bad and I had to "cover my eyes" for the sex scenes in movies, my mom was kind of open and sort of realized when I was in high school that she wasn't going to be able to stop me if I wanted to do it. Her forbidding me to even think about it would have bred even more angst and hostility within my family...we had more than enough at that age.

Dakota and I have been living together for a while now, so the actual mechanics of the relationship haven't changed much at all. Now, it's just that others recognize our relationship differently and we had that chance to make the vows to each other and make it "official". I am happy to be married to him...don't get me wrong. We might never have had the ceremony at all if it weren't for our kids and families...well, we would have had the ceremony but it might not have been accompanied by a piece of paper and a shorter last name for me. Those things weren't terribly important to us. We knew what we felt and feel and we wouldn't need those things. It has been good for the kids, though...helps them to adjust and make sense of things.

I better not never have sex again! (double negative was intentional)
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote