View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydaan
I told the dr about the pain throughout the hip, the pain walking and sitting, the bruise feeling when touched. The fact I have had the flu 62 days so far this year, and 9 days of fever over 102. The lack of sleeping and the random rashes added to the complete lack of energy and the loss of 20lbs without excersing or changing my diet much.
The others are right that dramatic weight loss with no explanation is a red flag. It could be a number of things, all of which should still be investigated.

But the other symptoms are important too: flu-like symptoms are common, but for you to have it for almost 50% of the year, and so much fever, and strange rashes... those three together indicate an immune system in overdrive. Maybe it's in overdrive because you're actually sick, or maybe it's the thing that's making you sick (something autoimmune,) but either way, that part means that whatever's going on is not just a physical injury. It may even turn out the hip pain is unrelated to these other things--I think you had some kind of near-miss with a car over the winter where you fell down a snow bank, right? Or was that someone else?--but weight loss plus overactive immune symptoms still need to be investigated, even if that's the case.

All that being said, there are a ton of other things it could be besides cancer. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote