Thread: Travel woes
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Truck 3 hadn’t been told we were towing so we had to wait 45 minutes for a colleague of his to turn up with a road-light extension lead before we could set off. He took us from Warwick to within 40 miles of our ultimate destination. He too was a subcontractor and he, too, said he couldn’t hear the engine “missing” the way you’d expect with an injector fault. His boss told him to drop us at a service station (instead of taking us to our destination) because he was *potentially* needed elsewhere. He left us at 3.30am assuring us that another truck would pick us up. At 4.30am I rang the AA and begged them to make it stop! Please could we sleep? They cheerfully agreed to reschedule the next truck for 10am and we popped Fanny up and slept the sleep of the just.
Truck 4, scheduled for 11am, was rescheduled for 11.30, then 12.20pm .... meanwhile, with some sleep and caffeine in me I got proactive and booked the car into a garage near our final destination and told the AA to take the car there first, and then take Fanny and us to our destination.
We finally arrived at 3pm on Wednesday. 26 hours in the arms of the AA and 31hours after setting off.
The garage say they cannot find anything wrong with the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk