Thread: Fatter than God
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #10
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Strange how nobody has pointed out that a good round of athletic sex burns a great number of calories, and tones a lot more muscles than a spinner bike

But as far as diets, I've had great success with Slimfast as a maintenance tool. I didn't have to drop a huge amount of weight, but I was becoming very "fluffy" from all the donuts and fast food in the office environment. Slimfast worked perfectly, because that way I got plenty of energy with no headache or tiredness while typing at a computer. Then when you leave the office you do your exercising and can eat a "normal" meal and skip desert. After 3 days on Slimfast, you actually do not WANT to eat anything more than a normal meal. That 3-day window seems to be key, I noticed the same thing when I did the Atkins Diet back in the early 70's when it first came out. So if you can hold to the discipline for 3 days, many of the cravings will go away. But of course, if you are morbidly obese, none of this will help you because your metabolism no longer recognizes the signals which govern normal hunger and satiation and has run away with your body. Having your stomach stapled is to essentially remove most of that organ which processes alimentation, and that seems as extreme as using abortion as your sole means of birth control. It should be the absolute last resort and only if a doctor with no vested interest in selling this surgery has said you have no other choice.