View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #67
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Can anyone recommend a sneaker thats cushier than Nike Shox?
Jinx, I would recommend going to a running store to find a good shoe for you. NOT a Foot Locker or Eby's or somesuch, but a store made for runners, ran by runners, that only sell shoes that are worth a damn. Running Wild is the name of my favorite in this area code.

I started shopping there after a trip to a podiatrist to relieve an infected toe caused by running in shoes that it turns out were too big. I have never had shoe issues since I started buying from them over 6 years ago...no blisters, nothing. The brand of shoe isn't as critical as the proper size and fit. I can't stress this enough.

I have run in and loved: New Balance, Saucony, and Asics. All pairs have been $90 ea. No more, no less.

Take your current shoes in, tell them what you like/don't about them and they should be able to help you.

I know when my knees start to 'bug' me that it's time for new shoes. This is usually after running around 350 miles in a pair, no matter the brand. I buy new shoes, and poof, knees feel great again.