View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by King
It is a two-horse race. Chelsea aren't as good as they were last year, and while they're probably still favourites, they aren't guaranteed to win it. Manchester United (my team) are playing better than they have since we last won the title, and while it's true that the centre of midfield is a bit lightweight, Scholes and Carrick are talented, and our wingers (Giggs and Ronaldo) are the best in the world. The defence looks solid and we're scoring goals. The biggest problem will be the small size of the squad, I think. I'm not saying United will win the league, but we have a good chance.
Liverpool aren't the second best team in England, probably fourth; they're not good enough away from home; only one away win in the league so far. Same problem with Spurs.
Watford and Charlton look certain to go down, along with another team, maybe West Ham, it depends whether they buy players in January.
I must stress for you to take a closer look at Liverpool, and understand that this is a work in the making.
There is no doubt whatsoever that the ONLY thing that Liverpool is looking at this year is the Champions League! They are by far, the 2nd English favorites within the competition.
The team Liverpool was 5 years ago, is NOT the team that has been put together since then. Liverpool's managment has been the absolute elite amongst European teams, buying young talent with EXCELLENT scouting!
That is the way to build a team, and Liverpool started this piece of art by working on the defence. There is no better place to start.
What seperates Man UTD and Liverpool in reality, is that Liverpool is a team 5 years in the making, and Man UTD is a team in its develpoment, too many changes, it sets them a step back as far as Europe is concerned.
The Poterntial is obviously there, but it will not come into effect until the team has had a year or so to gel.
Europe is not England. Look southerly at Lyon (Lyonnais), there are superior teams in Europe than Man Utd and Liverpool, forget about Arsenal.
With Chelsea of course the exception!