View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #333
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

thanks guys!

now check this out - when I got sober I did not go to rehab, I just quit with the help of meetings and LOTS of ice cream. 11 months later I find out that I have to go to rehab if I want to get my 2nd or 1st class medical.

I don't mind going, i'm sure I will benefit from it in some way, but 11 months later? there's a damn good chance that insurance won't cover this because I've already been sober for so long and the cost is going to be roughly 5 grand over the course of a 6 week IOP program where basically I go to work then go to IOP for 3 hours a night, go home and sleep. next day - wash, rinse & repeat 4 days a week. The treatment center I have in mind does have a payment plan and I will do my best to get in next week - it's just the cost. I've shelled out, in cash mind you, 8500 bucks since February/early march. At some point you have to start wondering when is enough actually enough?

Not sure I completely understand this but it is what it is. The government has their checklist and if you have not done one of those items to check off, you have to or else all is for naught.