View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #130
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I just finished (yeah, I'm a latecomer sometimes) The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Yeah, the Steve Covey corporate rah-rah book. I'd actually been meaning to read this for some time ... The hospital went all TQM-y about the time I started there. I had studiously avoided reading any of the indoctrination manuals or becoming too actively involved.

It's interesting to see how far, over a 12 year span, you can stray from the original intent (Having a megalomaniacal Executive Director makes that a lot easier, of course).

My coworkers were becoming a bit frustrated with my attempts to apply what I have learned from this fine tome ... but they realized I was going to be all right when I yelled at the office manager, "Give me a fucking break, I'm trying to be proactive and think win/win here, BITCH."

(That's a real quote, not one made up for the purposes of your amusement. After all, I don't work in a normal office.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote