View Single Post
Old 09-30-2001, 05:33 PM   #8
Parabolate
Expectorant Inspector

What's on the stereo?

I'm at work at the moment. I've got the radio playing on a cheap little radio/tape player I've got sitting on top of my computer. I'm listening to Triple J, which for everyone other than Jaguar, is the national youth station, run by the ABC, which is government funded. After 9am I'll probably put a tape on, because once the breakfast team is off, the station becomes pretty boring. They have a small (but increasing) selection of songs that get played about 10 times a day and none of them are good. It gets pretty frustrationg after a while.

There's always Triple M, though, which is a bit of a joke in Melbourne. For years they've been the yobbo rock station, playing mostly AC/DC, Van Halen, Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel and Led Zeppelin. They'd also play quite a bit of Nirvana and Pearl Jam, just to keep up with modern rock. Now, they've realised that their target market of 28-40 year old males is just too small, so they've started playing a lot of other stuff. They now play a whole heap of modern, new, alternative rock stuff like American Hi Fi, Blink 182, Limp Bizkit, (who all suck, IMO) and heaps more new stuff including a lot of Creed. They even play Fat Boy Slim now.

Anyway, I listen to a lot of Tool these days. Lateralus spends very little time in it's case, as does Aenima. They're the main things I've been listening to for the past 6 months or so. Those two, plus White Pony and Mer De Noms are probably the CDs I've listened to the most for, well, more than a year, really.

I also put RATM's Evil Empire back in the stereo for a while. It's a good album, although it took me a while to get into when I first bought it.

I gave Metallica's Reload a little spin last week. Well, two songs (Memory Remains and Devil's Dance).

OK Computer is definitely an amazing album. It spends a lot of time in the CD player. Kid A is awesome too, but I haven't gotten into it like I did OK Computer.

I'm planning on buying System Of A Down's new album soon. They are one of the most creative bands around and I just wish they'd come to Australia.
Parabolate is offline   Reply With Quote