View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #852
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I want to be him. Some make better choices than others. I deal with surgeons, few if any lead this type of life. Oh, and they busted ass to get there, a journey few would do or could do. Some are willing to go the distance and make the sacrifice to have a better life, some are not. Those that do should not feel bad or be vilified for hard work and reward.
I don't think anyone is villifying doctors. Most doctors do work hard to get where they are, and they deserve to be paid well for what they do.

People are, however, villifying insurance companies, and rightly so. Look at it logically, all they do is collect money and then pay for the things they think they should pay for. They deny many claims, even though people have been paying in good faith, and many of those people either die while fighting the insurance company, or they end up going bankrupt because the costs are so high. They are glorified middlemen. If the government was the payor, you would just go to the doctor and never see the bill. The doctor would bill the government, and the government would pay the bill. Pretty simple.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote