View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 10:33 PM   #155
monster
I hear them call the tide

Sexobon said pretty much what I came here to say.

Once you're a teenager, you are afforded increasing amounts of privacy -as it should be- including not telling your parents about non-life-threatening things. BUT, if you need anything other than an office visit with your regular doc, all that is blown out of the water because it's all on the billing. Including contraception, mental health..... just the sort of things teenagers don't want their parents to ask them about -especially teenage girls with their dads. Beest was the most progressive and open dad there could be, but I know he was taken aback when he saw billing for teendaughter's contraception.

Yet more evidence of reform being needed in the healthcare insurance field.

There is NOTHING abnormal and most likely nothing malicious in this being kept from you. The only thing to come to terms with here is your daughter was no longer a little girl and when that happens, you no longer get to be party to everything. Neither does mom, but when parent is required, it's almost always easier for a girl to grit her teeth and talk to mom, regardless of which parent (if any) she is closer too, because chances are, mom was once in that situation too.