Thread: Club hatin'
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 02:20 AM   #14
breakingnews
Q_Q

This political correctness shit has gotten out of hand. (This is primarily a U.S. phenomenon, no?)

These kinds of situations keep nipping people in the ass is because, well, relatively few people give a shit. The world is racist and there's nothing that can be done about it. We all discriminate in our own little ways. No amount of education or experience could overturn our inherent social behaviorial patterns.

What do you think would happen if the courts refused to hear discrimination cases?

You always hear about these "landmark" court cases ... but many of those cases affect such a small population. They fade from the spotlight and poof, who cares.

Like the guy who sued Hooters for hiring only women. The guy who sued Curves. Shannon Faulkner, the girl who sued to get into the Citadel.

All individuals wanting to make a point. Sure, from a technical/legal/constitutional perspective, it may be ... educational ... to highlight these situations. But why do these people want to put themselves in those situations? Would it be possible for us to simply accept that there are exceptions and not waste time/money arguing cases that benefit only 0.005% of the population?

I do not want to work at Hooters. I do not want to join your club. But I do recognize that not having the choice to do so goes against democratic ideals. Still, do we have to be so damn attentive to everyone's bitching and moaning?