View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #90
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

Not quite Greek Shrimp Salad

Chop up equal amounts of tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. Also chop equal amounts of black olives, artichoke hearts, and hearts of palm, so that the total is about 1/4 the tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion combined. Mix well.

Add crumbled blue cheese (or feta if you like), and dress with small amounts of oil and vinegar.

Place 10 medium cold boiled shrimp on each end of an oval platter, and fill the middle with the salad.

Put red shrimp coctail sauce in a small dish. If it does not already have horseradish in it, add some. Cut up a lemon and squeese it over everything.

Serves one. Find 20 more shrimp and if you have enough salad, it will serve 2. You get the point.

Not Greek because in a Greek salad you are supposed to use feta cheese, and also seed the tomatoes, which I view as a waste of time equal only to peeling the cucumber. Also not a shrimp salad, because the shrimp is not chopped up and distributed with the other stuff.

I chop the olives because even if the can says "pitted", sometimes I have found a pit, and I would prefer to have the knife find the pit rather than my tooth.

Anyway, that is for dinner tonight. Not exactly hard to do.
joelnwil is offline   Reply With Quote