Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #379
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
I think he's saying that camping is a means more than an end. Over planning and overpacking and over expecting....

you're going about it like the goal is to do normal things outside. Which is all fine if you're practicing for something, but the idea of camping is so you can go do something for a few days where it would not work if you had to go home to sleep each night. at least it is t me....
but maybe you are enamored with the adventure of the logistics. It sure looks like you're having fun obsessing about each detail. you do you, and don't worry about what we think of WHY.

I see. I mean, I am enjoying it for the most part. I like learning something new every time. It sucks that I keep going home, but I just couldn't deal with the bugs. I would love to figure out exactly where I can and can't camp.

I like trying to cook real food (if/when I can actually build a fire). I am slowly letting some things go - like the grill. It's just too much of a pain in the ass. I like (mostly) trying things out before I'm so far that I can't actually go home. It makes me feel like when this year is out, I can do the camping thing without thinking too much about it and just go. It also gives me an idea of the comfort level of possibly backpacking (don't think I can do that until I can get used to hammock sleeping).

I'm even taking notes!!

And the idea of getting to all the parks? I am on a mission there! I WILL get all the stamps by the end of the year!!