Thread: Bitcoin
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #99
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang
It’s on my list now. Might an autographed copy be arranged at some point?

For a fee, of course.

I believe that I’ve heard it referenced in some of the videos I listen to. Not the crazy videos, the more conventional ones.
Of course! He'd be so happy to know I have a friend who read it. He thinks about as much of my politics as you do. Which is funny, because you're both assuming I hold a position I don't:

Quote:
I see your point. Gold ( and silver and cash ) are a pain to work with... But your metals are yours, not something that is actually the bank’s but will repay you later should the bank fail. They often pay after all the good deals that could be yours, are gone, if only you had cash or gold outside the banking system to make a deal...
That's what I was saying. You were the one who said, "Before that disconnect [going off the Gold Standard] one wouldn't need gold since a paper dollar was effectively gold." I'm saying the Gold Standard had nothing to do with it. Prior to 1932, people had gold, and they had plenty of guns, too. And the guns didn't do a thing to stop or reverse the government's confiscation policy. They didn't just say "we're going to take it," they actually successfully took it, for over 40 years. No individual will ever take on the government with their guns--not a conservative against a progressive government, not a progressive against a conservative government. It's an unrealistic macho fantasy. I'm not saying you shouldn't have guns because of it--have guns if you want. I'm saying they won't do you any good. Likewise, going outside the financial system is nice, and I'm not saying you shouldn't do it--do it, by all means! People going outside the system is what put food on our table for my entire childhood. What I'm saying is that you only have that option because they allow it. If they decide to shut down your outside-the-system gig, they will win.

Quote:
What if what it wants is not what millions of people want? Or a hundred fifty million people?
Then they'd better get voting. Because it takes a whole lot to get a Civil War going, and when it really comes down to it, the vast majority of that 150 million people (on either side) are not ready to die for what they want. We fight and we posture and we shake our fists at the computer screen, but at the end of the day, that's not what restrains government, nor is going behind the government's back. If they decide they want you, they're going to get you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote