View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #103
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Baghdad Iraq...it is raining rockets!

date Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 4:06 AM
subject Baghdad Iraq...it is raining rockets!

Well it has been really busy here in Baghdad since Easter. We have been under rocket attack every day, except Tuesday the 24, by the insurgents. Unfortunately we had 2 Americans killed here so far. We have had @ 10 people injured. When you get "injured" from a 107 mm or a 122 mm rocket you need more than a band aide and you just don't get up and walk off. The stress is showing on some of the state department employees and some of the contractors. I guess they never thought they could get shot/rocketed at while working in a "War Zone", the money is great, but you got to also be prepared to take the risk. We had a few who quit and are waiting to go home (that is something that I guess they can do).

I have spent a lot of time on the dirt floor of my bunker, not a good
camping trip! The attacks start at @ 05:30 am and are scattered
throughout the day until 8 pm so it makes for a long day. Of course we also have all of the constraints such as more body armor, limited
movement, lock downs and all that other good stuff. Well it is spring in America so everybody needs to get outside and take a nice walk or run and enjoy the green grass! You don't need to get in the dirt!

CDR "Bunker Rat!" USN
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote