View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 12:34 PM   #19
brookeburkesluvr
Recruit or Something

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I have Rhapsody, and they tend to make new music available pretty quickly...I listen to it at work, at home, whenever. Now that doesn't help me when I want to listen to tunes in the car, so eventually, if I really like something, I'll have to buy it. If I only want a couple of tunes, I'll go buy them at buymusic.com (and maybe iTunes now).

But if I want the full CD, I'll go buy it at the store--usually Best Buy or Tower (if they have a good sale). I enjoy the liner notes and free goodies that come with 'em these days.
We're using Rhapsody at work now too! We take turns playing "DJ" and it's been so much fun. The new Travis CD came out and it's on Rhapsody. I never used to be so hooked on the online music streaming, but it's become an addiction. We've discovered so much music this way. We share an account too, so we've saved a ton of $$ that we used to spend going out and getting new CDs every once in awhile ~ and the new CD would get old fast anyway and someone would have to go out and buy a new CD, which, as you know, can sometimes be a "crap-shoot" as to if the whole CD will be any good or not.
One thing I don't understand though: if you've already got Rhapsody, then why would you burn your CDs from buymusic or iTunes? Those ones charge 99 cents per track when Rhapsody charges only 79 cents per track. It makes more sense just to do it through Rhapsody, don't you think?
brookeburkesluvr is offline   Reply With Quote