View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 11:05 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

5/4/2002: Naked Indian procession

This I found amongst the Italian Yahoo pics. Which is strange because generally the Italian pics include a ton of pics of womenfolk in various states of undress, which the Italians seem to enjoy greatly, and here is a literal parade of naked males.

But the people in the pic are Indian. Trying to figure out what they're doing and why, I used Google's translation service to get this story (Babelfish returns similar results):

BHOPAL, India (Reuters) - they have paraded for the roads knots in order to celebrate the birth of the founder of the gianismo. E' therefore that today, in a city of India they centers, the gianisti has remembered the birth of the founder of the religious-philosophical current to which recalls.

The processione has had place to Bhopal, in the within of a festivity with which the supporters with the gianismo, been born in the sixth century $R-avanti.C$cristo, have celebrated the Mahavir founder.

The gianisti have paraded knots in order to symbolize their asceticism. Mahavir, to which they are inspired, preached not the violence, the sacrifice and the love for the world.

Yes, the $R and C$ were in both the Google and the Babelfish translation.

"Paraded for the roads knots"? I still can't figure out what's going on. Does anybody know?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote