View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #2854
glatt

I'm not picking on you digger when I say this, but I'm not sure about links like that. Not as a mod for the Cellar, but as a web surfer.

You click on the link, and there are the promised quotes. Actually, there is the first quote along with 9 advertisements, 2 links to share the thing on FB, and 8 more click bait stories at the bottom enticing you to get into another clicking and ad serving loop. And then a handful of FB comments written by strangers. To get to the next quote you have to click the "next" button. And you get the next quote, as promised. But this time there are 11 ads instead of 9, and one of them is an auto playing commercial.

I'm not going to keep clicking through to see the rest. If the rest are like the first two, at 40 pages, that would be over 400 ads, and 320 click bait stories.

The web used to be pretty cool, but more and more is being replaced by this crap. If a web page's goal was to share cool stuff for the good of mankind, they could easily fit all that stuff on one page, but their goal is advertising revenue.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote