View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #11
SamIam

Thanks, Brianna. I've noticed that you are going through a bad time, yourself. I hope all goes well for you, and you have some good friends in real life for support.

I printed out 58 pages of information on liver disease yesterday, read thru all the articles and became extremely depressed. I promised my friend that I will go with him on his next doctor's visit, and I'm going to ask some hard questions. I'm not sure that I should ask them in front of my friend, though, because I'm afraid I already know the answers, and they are very bad. My friend appears to be in the early part of end stage liver disease. According to the info I gleaned, he could die tonight from an esophageal bleed. At best, he's probably got five years without a liver transplant. BUT I'm hoping I'm wrong since I'm not a doctor, just someone who has read a bunch of medical articles.

What do people think about me asking my questions with my friend sitting there, potentially getting to hear very, very bad news? Should I draw the Doc aside and talk privately with her?

I am just reeling with shock over this. I had been looking for an apartment in a nearby, larger town where I'll get more of my own medical and other needs met than in the little town we now reside in. I feel very conflicted about what to do about this, as well.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote