View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #122
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

The difference between where you live and where I live is that YOUR town has a sense of itself as a community and looks like it was charmingly planned. MY suburb is a post-WW II sprawling utilitarian zombie town, utterly devoid of any charm, community, history or pride. Everything that is here was built in the 1950's and is gross. My house is one of about only five different styles in the neighborhood and while there is an arts center and a lovely park (with made-made lake they had to drain once a little girl went permanently missing) at one end of my street (Rosewood Park) there is a low ceiling'd 1960's-style bowling alley round the corner of the other end of my street. It's a schizophrenic kind of place.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote