View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #10978
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Auntiedigr's husband died on a Friday. "The Authorities" came for his prescription painkillers the next Tuesday.

Fuck cancer.
Well...... I finally got to sleep around noon the day after he died (just before midnight) and my phone rang an hour later to let me know they'd be here in ten minutes to collect the wheelchair (that we never used) and walking frame (used twice).

But they can they rent them to someone else for more charges. The drugs, they keep sending for more charges and just tell me to toss them.

I could fund my widowhood through the shit I have here.... Working on a donation to the local VA but it's so complex :/ They need a lot of paperwork to verify it all....

My doc told me to donate the super expensive meds I had after my stroke when they decided actually I didn't need the after all... but the procedure was so complex when I really didn't need stuff like that I gave up.

We also heard that local animal shelters can use some of the supplies that come with all the chemo stuff -sterile mats, saline syringes etc. They weren't interested.