View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 10:20 AM   #4
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
snip--

1969, The Who and Led Zeppelin appeared at the Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, Maryland, USA. This was the only time the two group's ever appeared together, with Zeppelin opening the show. On the tickets Led Zeppelin was spelt Lead Zeppelin.

--snip
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I've been there. Fairly small place. Grassy hill to sit on. Mostly B list bands play there. I can only imagine how amazing that concert was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
It probably was but reputation doesn't guarantee it. So many things have to click, so many people have to do their job well for a concert to be great. Even the audience plays a big part. I've been to concerts where the bulk of the crowd was there to be seen, especially when the tickets were hard to get/expensive. But when the crowd and band have a good rapport, it's fucking magic.
I DID NOT SEE THIS SHOW, but, they played another extremely small venue, the Aquatheater at Greenlake, in Seattle. Now, I have been past the ruins of this former venue, and it's nice, it's a pretty area with just a touch of urban decay. To think of attending a concert here, man, that must have been a helluva show.