Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #13
wanderer
Master of the Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc View Post
The moment I take them out, wow - huge and unpleasant difference. You've probably looked into hearing aids; if not and they are a possibility for you, they could make a great difference in both areas of the problem.

Good luck with your new direction!
Thanks Ortho.
Yeah I tried them, (the hearing aids that is) and they do make the difference. Issue is that I start feeling irritated after keeping them on for too long. Maybe they doesn't fit and resonate quite properly as per my requirement. But damn, I spent too much trying to get the best ones.

Someone should have shouted to me what Bruce mentioned:
Quote:
What a royal pain in the ass trying to get accurate, up-to-date information on aids.

Being a market riddled with shysters and snake oil vendors for years, add new slick marketing types wanting to cash in on the boomer's market, and it's a minefield.
I can't agree more. Now that I did some research, I feel quite an ass for hurrying on the purchase. But then that doc said these were best recommended and suitable for me. Darn! I went on to getting them tweaked so many times but they either end up being too loud or completely useless. *Sigh* there's no replacement for natural hearing I believe.