View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 AM   #1353
Snakeadelic
Banned

I had a VW Rabbit once! Oh, it was horrible. 4-cylinder automatic (yes, automatic) that had been poorly maintained before I got it--we had to reef on it so hard with the oil-filter-removal tool that the support ribs inside the oil filter it had when I bought it spiral-twisted. One of my roomies drove it all day and never noticed the e-brake was on...turned the brake drums blue. We named it Seizure for 3 reasons:

1. It sounded like it was about to have a seizure. After the wreck (that story has been used as an 8-minute comedy bit at an open mic night) the cop asked me to try starting it. It fired right up and OMG the look on his face--which only got worse when I told him it always sounded like that.

2. The color was what I termed "German Industrial Orange". About the shade of the orange stripe on a U-Haul truck, and in bright sunlight just trying to look at it made your eyeballs try to seize up.

3. At the time, Washington license plates had a group of 3 letters and a group of 3 numbers. Don't remember its numbers...but the letters on the plate were CZR.

For a while, when I didn't have the money for gas or insurance, I had it parked at a friend's place. They went to check on something for me and didn't quite get the door shut all the way. When I reclaimed it I had to pull GRASS out of my floor mats! Like 3-inch-tall fresh spring shoots. Got it licensed, got it insured, wrecked it 5 days later .
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote