View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #659
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It was a fine day today at the shop. I measure my days by whether someone has been rude or threatening or pissed off in general, and the first half of the day, nobody like that appeared.

Just now a woman came in to retrieve her ring, which was a beautiful item, and she paid the $15 due and got it out of pawn. She was happy and pleasant and admired her own jewelry, which was beautiful.

But as she was about to leave, her man comes in and starts cussing her out in horrible ways. He was super-angry that she let the ring accumulate $2 more in interest over the last two months. And super-loud: "mother fuckin bitch you almost lost this ring like you fucked up the last time your sorry mother fuckin ass is fucking up again..."

I just sat there and said nothing which is my role in such situations. Of course you dream of setting both their shit straight: man, do not ever be angry at your partner like this, and at least shut your fucking gums when you are in public. Woman, leave this dickhead as fast as you can because the ass-whoopings you are undoubtedly getting are not worth it, ever.

But I just sat there and said nothing, and cursed another day where I would encounter this kind of foul beast.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote