View Single Post
Old 10-01-2001, 11:30 AM   #1
differentChronos
Neophyte-in-training

what, no politics?!

Hey, I'm new here, just slid on in from the nuklearpower website, mourning the absence of a comic for this weekend again.

So my question is...

Doesn't anyone like politics anymore?

I mean, here's just a little something I think, and if it gets me kicked off of here, eh, it's my first day on anyway.

Our president is handling this situation (publicly, of course) poorly. I mean, he has gotten people into a frenzy of patriotism and bloodthirstiness that slowly hunting down a few people will not satisfy.

Now, we want to fry another country... where's the logic there?! You can't personify the populace of a country by a government they've been trying to overthrow for years.

Of course, it is comforting to know that this country is doing SOMETHING, but the press releases didn't give them the time to make the right decisions and find the right people... now I hear of people saying they need to hurry up and get some bombs flying. It's crazy!

My other point is that this frenzied patriotism keeps people from really discussing any politics anymore... a few months ago I could say Bush's tax plan was moronic, and get general agreement.
Any attacks on the government now are met with public stoning, hurling livestock, and screams of blasphemy (something like that, anyway). So maybe I'd like to get some real discussion generating here.

It'd be good to have some somewhere.
differentChronos is offline   Reply With Quote