Thread: Kyoto Treaty
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #34
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
They lied the exact same way as Beestie does now.
Your logic only works if all parties are subject to the same set of regulations. If a Chinese company can just dump their untreated toxic waste into the Yellow River and eject their untreated fumes straight into the sky and make their employees work 10 hours a day with no benefits, no breaks for $1.50 per hour but I have to sanitize what I put into the river and clean what I put into the sky and pay a decent wage with benefits and not work my employees to death than who do you think is going to have the lower price and, therefore, all of the business? And if they price me out of the market, then they experience job growth and I don't.

My problem with Kyoto is pretty much that.

But incompetent government bureaucrats who have job security for life, are accountable to no one, who have never agonized about losing business to foreign competitors unencumbered by meddlesome government regulations and union constraints have the nerve to portray me as a liar because I'm not trying hard enough to "innovate" my way out of being hogtied by the unfair treaties and senseless mountain of regulations they never grow weary of saddling me with.

That cracking sound you hear are the shattered spines of thousands upon thousands of small American businesses for whom "long-term" is 90 days. GM has pockets deep enough to solve all the problems the government creates for it. But what about the other 150,000 businesses who aren't in the Fortune 100?

Don't sign a treaty that gives away the farm, the horses, the plow and the axe then tell me to eat cake. Get a real job. Run a real business. Climb down out of your ivory tower and come down here in the fields and trenches and do what I do better than I do it.

Then you can call me a liar.