View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #218
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
It's not the hydrogen, it's what comes out of the tailpipe that's the concern. I guess the exhaust from hydrogen burning is better than diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
~Wikipedia

Does that apply to our truck's situation. I'm too lazy to find out.
Quote:
Yup, just water vapor coming out.
Quote:
Then, what is the concern?
Quote:
BOOM!!
Quote:
Does the water explode?

I'm confused.
Quote:
No, but any loose hydrogen from the tank/delivery system is dangerous. When I put in a new water heater I was getting what I thought was entrained air bubbles from the faucet. I got curious and ran the water in the bathroom sink for a minute, then shut it off and flicked my Bic. The fireball was three feet high. The sacrificial anodes that come in the heater reacted with my water when it was heated, and produced hydrogen. I read burning hydrogen isn't visible, but the explosion certainly is.
Why is what comes out of the exhaust pipe the concern if it's just water vapor? What, coming out of the tailpipe, is gonna go boom? If it's just water vapor coming out of the tailpipe, how is it gonna explode?

I'm only more confused.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote